Shocking: Tehsildar hospitalised as shopkeeper gives him acid bottle instead of water in Kulgam

75

Kulgam: A revenue official was hospitalised after a local shopkeeper by mistake provided him a bottle of acid used in batteries instead of drinking water.

Identifying the official as Tehsildar Niyaz Ahmad, sources said that after initial treatment, his condition was stable and he was completely out of danger.

Sources said that he was returning to the office after destroying poppy cultivation on eight kanals of land at D H Pora when he asked a shopkeeper for a bottle of water. The latter by mistake gave him a bottle of acid which is used in batteries.

Police have registered a case and started investigations. The shopkeeper has been taken into custody.