Jammu: Jammu Police has busted a major bike/scooty theft gang and recovered 20 two wheelers.
Several complaints were lodged at different police stations of District Jammu regarding vehicle thefts such as case FIR No 120/2022 U/S 379 IPC of P/S Gandhinagar.
The modus operandi of the thieves was that they used to steal two wheelers from different parts of city and used to sell the same by making the false documents.
On this special police teams under the supervision of SP City South Mamta Sharma and SDPO South Sachit Sharma were constituted. The team led by SHO PS Gandhi Nagar Inspr. Pankaj Sharma assisted by PSI Sonu Choudhary did strenuous efforts and with the help of various leads finally arrested the five accused.
Accused arrested have been identified as:
- AMIT SHARMA @LAL S/O PRABHU DUTT SHARMA R/O BHAGWATI NAGAR JAMMU
- DHEERAJ SINGH S/O DEEPAK SINGH R/O H.NO.126 GUMMAT KANJI HOUSE JAMMU
- NIKHIL DOGRA S/O ASHOK KUMAR R/O H.NO.331 QASIM NAGAR JAMMU
- MUNISH KUMAR S/O RAM PAL R/O H.NO. 1213 GANDU DI CHAWANI JAMMU 5. ESHAAN ROSOTRA S/O LT. AJIT RAJ R/O EID-GAH ROAD, GANDU DI CHAWANI JAMMU.
During questioning accused confessed their involvement in the above case and on their disclosure 20 stolen two wheelers were recovered from their possession.
Details of the stolen vehicles are as under:
1) JKO2BS 2635(ACTIVA 3G WHITE) (2) JK02BN 3876 (WHITE ACTIVA) (3) JK02BQ 6455 (ACTIVA 3G WHITE) (4) JK02BL 4308 (ACTIVA 3G WHITE) (5) JK02BD 8862 (ACTIVA WHITE) (6) JKO2BF 2897 (ACTIVA WHITE) (7) JK02BX 3276 (ACTIVA WHITE) (8) JKO2AM 7982 (ACTIVA BLACK) (9) JK02BW 1377 (ACTIVA BLACK) (10) JK02BR 7359 (ACTIVA BLACK) (11) JK02BT 2390 (ACTIVA BLACK) (12) JK02BM 6327(ACTIVA BLACK) (13) JK02CB 8256 (HERO MASTEREO BLACK) (14) JK02BR3304 (ACTIVA 3GWHITE) (15)JK02BF 9626 (ACTIVA 3G WHITE) (16) JKO2CC 3967 ( TVS JUPITAR) (17) ROYAL ENFIELD CHASIS NO ME3U3S5C2JM342353 , ENGINE NO U3S5C2JM315054
(18) HERO SPLENDOR ENGINE NO HA10AGJ4M03129/ CHASIS NO MBLHAR077J4M01427
(19) PASSION PRO CHASIS NO MBLHA108WCGK26589 (20) HERO HONDA PASSION JK02X 5771
Moreover it is also advised to general public to verify the documents fully before buying a second hand vehicle.
Further investigation of the case is going on.